Monday, December 1, 2008
Account Planning- not for me!
Blame it on my terrible math skills, but the idea of working with numbers makes me cringe. Therefore I don't think account planning would be the way to go! I think there are many great attributes that make up an account planner, but not the right attributes that fit my personality. The books discusses that planners need to be willing to fight for an idea and maybe say things people don't want to hear. I hate confrontation so if someone were to challenge me with an idea, I may not stand up for myself like I should. I would not enjoy analyzing data, conducting surveys, or finding patterns in the data. All the research would seem too scientific to me. I would probably have trouble seeing what makes the data unique. Account planners also have to be responsible for knowing everything about their client and the client's business. That involves memorizing a great deal of statistics which is something else that is not my strong point. They also have to have a tremendous amount of curiosity. I am curious about some things, but I do not have a love for finding out absolutely everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment