Monday, December 1, 2008

Building the resume...

Resumes can either break you or make you and I discovered just exactly how vital they are after reading about them in the Idea Industry book. Although I had written a resume before entering college, I most certainly did not remember all of the correct guidelines for crafting an excellent resume. It also made me realize that I really have not accomplished as much as I would have liked. I should have more job/intern experience. I enjoyed the way Brad Karsh wrote this section because he was straightforward and honest about the way that Recruiting Directors will be judging your resume. These people have no time to waste which means that myresume needs to have some outstanding quality that separates me from everyone else. At this point, my resume needs some serious work!

Allison Spedale

Education

Southern Methodist University- Dallas, May 2011
Advertising Major, Spanish Minor
Major GPA:____ Overall GPA: 3.61

Experience


Intern, The Fields Group, Summer 2008
-Created and monitored traffic for ad spots
-Assisted in TV commercial shoots for the ad agency
-Organized buys for multiple companies

Activities/Interests


-SMU Catholic Campus Ministry, 2007-present
-Habitat for Humanity, volunteer, 2008
-Relay for Life, volunteer, 2008
-Catholic High School Dance team, member, 2004-2007
-Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, member, 2008
-Key Club, member, 2004-2007
-Interests include dancing, traveling, running, and cooking

No comments: