
I am definitely a messy person, but I am not a dirty person. However, I have discovered that truly living on your own in an apartment requires way more work than I thought. I guess I was pretty lucky living at home because my mom did most of my cleaning. The only thing I like about cleaning is the smell of pine-sol and pledge wipes! It really is so time-consuming, granted after it is done I feel better about myself. But whoever said cleaning a toilet was fun was telling a big lie. And who knew showers could have so many tiles that build soap scum so easily? Not to mention just going down the cleaning aisle itself is overwhelming. There are so many different brands and choices but I just stick to the basics- lysol, windex, scrubbing bubbles, and sponges. I have personally become a fan of Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. I love it! But by the time you finish scrubbing everything you feel as though you just been doing bicep curls for hours. Vacuuming is no fun either especially vacuuming on shag rugs. Trying to push the vacuum over tons of flying pieces of fur is ridiculously hard because it basically just sticks to the rug and doesn't move an inch. But considering I don't have a maid and my parents aren't here, I guess I'll just have to suck it up. The main benefit of cleaning on my own is I realize how much work my mom really has done for me in the past and I am so much more appreciative of her hard work now.
No comments:
Post a Comment