Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Why are chopsticks so hard to use?

I love sushi but the task of handling chopsticks proves to be too much sometimes. I feel like a complete spaz when I try to use chopsticks. It takes me about fifteen attempts to pick up my sushi and another 5 to actually get the sushi into my mouth. I am not opposed to using a fork to eat my sushi or noodles instead of chopsticks. Plus, most of the time the sushi roll is too big to fit in my mouth so it would be great to have a fork and knife to cut it in half and then just use a spoon/fork to scoop it up. Not to mention usually when they hand me the chopsticks I end up breaking them instead of separating them... the whole situation is really just embarassing. I credit the Japanese for mastering the art of eating with chopsticks. But, on my new favorite website (5min.com) they have a video on how to properly use chopsticks!

No comments: